Google Calendar Event Colorizercodetoolsopen source
I prefer to see important events (i.e. events with customers) in my calendar with a different color so I notice them in time and get prepared. I used to edit the invitations manually to set the color but I often realized I forgot to do that until it was too late.
Here’s a little script that helps me colorize the events automatically. It sets the predefined color on every calendar event with guests from outside of my company: https://gitlab.com/pilvikala/gcal-event-colorizer/-/blob/main/index.js
How to use it:
- Go to https://script.google.com/home
- Click ‘New script’
- Paste the script from index.js
- Read the comments in the top of the index.js file and update the variables to suit your needs.
- Save the project and give it a name
- Run the project. It will ask you to give the script permissions to access your calendar.
- In the triggers tab, add a trigger to run this periodically
- Next: Snowmobile ride
- Previous: The power of no